Camping with kids is super fun as you get to explore the outdoors through the eyes of a super excited young traveler! One of the most fun things about traveling with kids is that you have an excuse to make super delicious desserts in your camper van after dinner - it keeps them occupied and you have an excuse to eat something a little bit (or a lot) sweet. We've put together three really easy recipes that pack a serious flavor punch without the fuss - enjoy!
Campfire Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 pack of small croissants
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl and put to the side.
- Pop the croissants on individual skewers making sure they are firmly in place!
- Roll each croissant in the cinnamon and sugar mix - you can use your hands to get a nice even coverage if it's easier.
- Hold each cinnamon covered croissants over the campfire for 3-5 minutes, until the sugar starts to melt.
- Mix 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 tbsp water together to make a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over each croissant, check the sugar isn't too hot and serve!
Crunchy Chocolate Banana Boats
- 1 banana (for each person!)
- 2 tbsp mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp crunchy cereal - we recommend Crunchy Nut!
- Slice the bananas lengthways and place them on individual pieces of foil.
- Put marshmallows and chocolate chips into the bananas.
- Wrap the bananas in foil and place on the BBQ for 3-5 minutes until the marshmallows and chocolate start to melt.
- Unwrap the banana, top with cereal and enjoy a crunchy twist on a banana sundae!
Open apple pie
- 1 apple per person (whatever type you like!)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries, raisins or chopped nuts (optional)
- Slice apples into eight pieces.
- Place apple slices onto a sheet of foil big enough to wrap around it and layer on butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and any extras like cranberries and nuts.
- Wrap the foil securely and place on the BBQ for 10-15 minutes or until the apple starts to brown.
- Unwrap and enjoy with cream or by itself!