Just because you're on the road shouldn't mean that you need to live off basic and boring meals. Road trippers need proper food to fill their bellies and fuel their adventures. Through our series, 'Cooking In Campers', we hope to show you just some of the simple and delicious dishes you can make in the kitchen of your JUCY Camper.
EASY PEASY ONE POT PASTA
Packed full of vegetables, this healthy dish will satisfy any hungry adventurer! Quick and easy to make with minimal dishes.
Here's how to make it:
READY IN: 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 3 cups of white button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups of canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 250g of spaghetti
- 3 cups of fresh baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender and the liquid from the mushrooms has been mostly cooked off.
- Increase heat to high then add canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and stir until they soften and fit in the pot. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. (Your liquid should be at a low boil this whole time)
- Remove lid and add fresh spinach, a couple of handfuls at a time, stirring to get the spinach mixed in and wilted.
- Remove from heat and let spaghetti sit, covered, for a few minutes
- Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.