Just because you're on the road shouldn't mean that you need to live off basic and boring meals. Road trippers need proper food to fill their bellies and fuel their adventures. Through our series, 'Cooking In Campers', we hope to show you just some of the simple and delicious dishes you can make in the kitchen of your JUCY Camper.
CRISPY BASE PAN PIZZA
Whoever said you needed an oven to make crispy, cheesy, delicious pizza clearly hasn't tried this recipe! Forget dialing for delivery, when you can just do it yourself in your JUCY Camper.
Here's how to make it:
READY IN: 30 mins
- 2 ½ cups of standard flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 3/4 cups of water
- 6 tablespoons of tomato paste or pizza sauce
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- 3 cups cheese, grated.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) together in a bowl.
- Add the oil and water and stir until all ingredients are combined into a sticky dough.
- Knead dough on a floured board until no longer sticky. Try not to play with the dough too much or it'll become overworked.
- Split dough into 3 balls.
- Roll each ball out on a floured board with a cylindrical object (anything can be a rolling pin!) until 0.5cm thick and circular.
- Oil pan and heat to a medium temperature.
- Place rolled out pizza base in pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden, flip.
- Once both sides are golden and base is crisp, apply tomato paste and other toppings.
- Cover pan with lid and leave on heat until cheese has melted.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!