Just because you're on the road shouldn't mean that you need to live off basic and boring meals. Road trippers need proper food to fill their bellies and fuel their adventures. Through our series, 'Cooking In Campers', we hope to show you just some of the simple and delicious dishes you can make in the kitchen of your JUCY Camper.
COZY CAMPSITE PAELLA
Straight from the streets of Spain, this vibrant dish is sure to impress your hungry travel pals!
Here's how to make it:
READY IN: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 350g os shrimp
- 1 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of rice
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 (400g) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Cook shrimp until browned on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add chorizo sausage to pan; cook over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, turmeric, can of tomatoes, and chicken stock, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in peas, cooked shrimp, and chorizo; cook for a further 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!