We all know there's nothing better than finishing your day with a hot meal when you're out on a JUCY adventure! Cooking in a campervan doesn't need to be hard, so today we're showing you a recipe that we think is the ultimate comfort food. This recipe is family friendly and can be made in any of our JUCY campervans! Chili con carne is sure to please so let's get started!
Chilli Con Carne
For this recipe you will need:
500g beef mince (or a veggie alternative such as lentils, chickpeas or quorn mince!)
1 tsp crushed chilli
4 cloves of crushed garlic
2 tbs tomato paste
1 tin of peeled or chopped tomatoes
1 cup of beef stock
1 tin kidney beans
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cumin
1. In a frying pan, heat olive oil over a medium heat and saute the onions for 1-2 minutes before adding 500g of beef mince. Add crushed chilli (a little extra if you like a kick!) and garlic. Cook through until mince is brown.
2. Stir in tomato paste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the tinned tomatoes and beef stock. Add the beans, oregano and cumin and stir.
4. Simmer on a medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed chilli before serving.
5. Cosy up in your JUCY campervan and enjoy!
You can enjoy this chilli con carne by itself, with rice or with corn chips for a spicy spin on nachos!
We'll be sharing a few more recipes on the JUCY blog over the next few weeks, so make sure you check back for those!